Monday, June 27, 2011

Mexifornia Unabated

I was struck by a news item that, at a big soccer game between American and Mexican Teams in Southern California, the largely Hispanic/Latino crown jeered the American team. Just one more incident in the stream of such where some Hispanics denigrate the country in which they wish to live and to prosper, while glorifying the dysfunctional, repressive, and dangerous country they have intentionally left to seek a better life. Some have quickly adopted the loathing of America modeled (e.g., "Missouri, Kansas, the middle places" -- land of "low sloping foreheads") by American ultra-liberals.

Victor Davis Hanson remarks at National Review Online in “Mexifornia, Quite Literally!”:
“I love this country, it has given me everything that I have, and I’m proud to be part of it,” said Victor Sanchez, a 37-year-old Monrovia [CA] resident wearing a Mexico jersey. “But yet, I didn’t have a choice to come here, I was born in Mexico, and that is where my heart will always be.” That’s a quote from an LA Times story on the booing of the U.S. soccer team by an overwhelmingly Latino audience during a U.S.–Mexico match at the Rose Bowl. Examine the odd logic: Mr. Sanchez is booing the country that gave him “everything” while cheering the country that apparently gave him very little…. That schizophrenia is what confuses so many about illegal immigration…. When a foreign nation is treated as the home team, and when the home team is booed in the Rose Bowl, I think we can see why the entire open-borders, non-enforcement, ‘La Raza’ paradigm of tribal chauvinism based on ethnic solidarity has been proven an abject failure….
John M Greco