* Recently the Obama-appointed Attorney General of the United States, one Eric Holder, who happens to be black, was before a US House committee testifying on his refusal to prosecute the perpetrators in the well-documented black-on-white Philadelphia voter intimidation case. In justifying his actions, he referred to blacks as "his people." (link; link; link) Apparently whites and Asians are not "the people" of the Attorney General of the United States. That post-racial Obama stuff has always been smoke and mirrors. But my liberal friends assure me that Obama loves America and is a great patriot, so I feel better.
* Obama lieutenant Katherine Sibelius, the head of HHS who runs Medicare and is one of the point persons pushing Obamacare, has finally admitted that the Obama team's figures on the purported financial savings from their Obamacare and Medicare "reforms" are fake (link) because of double-counted "savings". Republican Rep. Pitts said: “The same dollar can’t be used twice [in counting savings]. This is the largest of the many budget gimmicks Democrats used to claim Obamacare would reduce the deficit.” This was obvious from the very start but Obama and his minions have kept lying about it to fool the foolable and the inattentive. But my liberal friends assure me that Obama loves America and is a great patriot, so I feel better.
* When a US Border Patrol agent was shot and killed last year in an altercation with armed illegals, apparently there was speculation on the internet that BP agents are required by the Obama Administration to first use bean bag rounds (whatever those are) when force is necessary against illegals with real guns. At the time, Obama's crack Homeland Security team dismissed such (link) as "increasingly bizarre internet-fueled rumors". Well, now the Obama team finally admits (link) that indeed our agents fired bean bag bullets while the bad guys fired real ones. Good grief -- it's as if Obama and his acolyte Napolitano would rather our agents err on the side of getting killed rather than risk harming hostile illegal aliens armed with real guns and real bullets. But my liberal friends assure me that Obama loves America and is a great American patriot, so I feel better.
* Obama preached incessantly in his campaign about the "fierce moral urgency" to closing the Gitmo prison for Muslim terrorists and signed an order hours after becoming president to effect just that. Though his acolytes still hope for that change, not only is Gitmo still open two years later but now Obama's appointee Eric Holder of Justice (see above) apparently feels that Muslim terrorists are also "his people" because he's keeping them around in Gitmo another year or two (link). And our troops are still in Iraq and Afghanistan -- another signature Obama promise turned to dust. But my liberal friends assure me that Obama loves America and is a great American patriot, so I feel better.
* A German-born Kosovo Muslim, feeling so indebted to the American military for protecting his and other Kosovo Muslim families against the Christian Serbs a few years back, showed his gratitude by opening fire on American troops in Germany, no doubt presuming they were either Christians or Jews, shouting the de rigueur "God is Great" in Arabic of which we are now so familiar. He would have killed more but his gun malfunctioned, which is why so many Muslim terrorists prefer beheadings with swords -- less prone to jamming. The American Commander-in-Chief, who grew up in some unique family cultural blend of Islamic-tinged atheistic communism, sort of a red diaper baby with a Muslim motif, announced he was "saddened" by the "tragic event." Just as with the Ft. Hood massacre by another jihadist, the words "Islamic" and "terrorist" are not part of Obama's lexicon. The great Mark Steyn takes him down here (sample: "As any Homeland Security official can tell you, “Allahu akbar” is Arabic for “Nothing to see here.”). But my liberal friends assure me that Obama loves America and is a great American patriot, so I feel better.
John M Greco